July 8, 2019
I wrote my very first issue of Long Story Short and sent it out on Monday, January 4, 2016. It was my first official day on the job as the new publisher at Barclay Press. In the forty-two months and four days since, we’ve published fourteen Fruit of the Vine quarterlies, we’ve completed two revisions of our Illuminate Bible study curriculum, and we’ve released eleven new Barclay Press titles:
- Face to Face: Early Quaker Encounters with the Bible by T. Vail Palmer, Jr.
- Close to the Ground: A Collection of Poems by Nancy Thomas
- Praying for Justice by R. Anderson Campbell & Steve Sherwood with Paula J. Hampton
- Rhythms of Grace: Life-Saving Disciplines for Spiritual Leaders by David O. Williams
- Presence and Process: A Path Toward Transformative Faith and Inclusive Community by Daniel P. Coleman
- A Long Road: How Quakers Made Sense of God and the Bible by T. Vail Palmer, Jr.
- Because of This: How to Live, Love, and Lead by Jim Teeters
- The Shalom of God by Howard R. Macy
- Going the Extra Mile: Adventures with God in Seventy-Five Countries by Norval Hadley
- Malone University: A Commemorative History, 1892–2017 by Jacalynn J. Stuckey
- Resisting Empire: The Book of Revelation as Resistance by C. Wess Daniels
Seeds of hope – the three-year campaign to fund the ministry of Barclay Press by developing new titles, supporting small churches, and balancing the budget – has a goal of raising $162,000 by December 31, 2020. Last year, you helped us raise $50,000, and so far this year, we’ve received gifts totaling $16,070.
Here’s how you can help us continue to make progress:
- A one-time or monthly donation to our everyday giving campaign – just click on DONATE at barclaypress.com or mail us a check at 211 N Meridian St, #101, Newberg, Oregon 97132.
- Talk to your church or monthly meeting about making support for Barclay Press a regular part of your budget.
- Pray for Barclay Press and for the work that we do.